Skip to main content

The Beginning

Turns out fat is essential and carbs are mostly useless; not just useless, harmful. I've been swimming in the paleo world for a 6 years now, I did a Whole30 in 2017 and lost a couple of pounds - I was at 177 at some point during that time. A weight I was very proud to sport.

Now, Octobre 2019, the scale says 217 - I let past relationships derail my journey and my health. I'm back to the comfortable 220's I've been in for a long time in my adult years.

I've been reading Dr Perlmutter's Grain Brain book and it's been enlightening. I've come across so many datas stating that carbs are the culprit for weight gain and how gluten is inflammatory - that book sum it all and chew the science so I can understand it.

I have an autoimmune condition called psoriasis and a small patch on my forehead recently appeared. I will not be disfigured by psoriasis and I will stop procrastinating about my health. I've got only ONE body and I want it to serve me right 'til the very end.

So I've been trying to eat gluten free for a long time now but I always slipped, never making it to a week long. since last Friday, I've been eating gluten free and mostly keto-style. Today marks the first complete week of my new lifestyle.

Weekends are my weak ends so... I've planned dinner with Jo tonight and lunch for tomorrow. And I've been drinking coconut oil coffee in the morning instead of eating and when I get the money, I'll add butter to it so it resembles more a bulletproof coffee and I get more calories out of it so I don't need to eat before lunch. More importantly, I don't feel hungry before eating lunch. High fat low carb is a tough combinaison nowadays!

I've calculated my TDEE with the light activity parameter and it gives me around 1870 calories per day.

Macros

%5%80%15%
Grams2316670
Calories93.51496280.5

Those are drastic numbers but my health and genetic predisposition requires it - we are not built (and we didn't have time to adapt in such a short time!) to ingest large quantities of carbs. And that explains why there is an obesity and diabetes epidemic.

STATS | 2019-10-10 
Weight 217.2 (morning, no clothes)
Proriasis : active
Sparkpeople : active

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stats

STATS  | 2019-10-10  Weight 217.2 (morning, no clothes) Proriasis : active Sparkpeople : active |2019-11-10 Weight XXX (morning, no clothes) Proriasis :  Sparkpeople :  |2019-12-10 Weight XXX (morning, no clothes) Proriasis :  Sparkpeople :  |2020-01-10 Weight XXX (morning, no clothes) Proriasis :  Sparkpeople : I'd like to have reach the Onderland mark by January 31st, 2020. |2020-02-10 Weight XXX (morning, no clothes) Proriasis :  Sparkpeople :